Hey everyone!! Thanks to filmsCine, I’ve been nominated for my first Liebster award! Any film fans should definitely be checking out this blog, they are amazing! And thanks again for the nomination!
For those of you who aren’t sure what a Liebster award is, fret not, because I didn’t know either! Basically it was an award designed to help promote fantastic and upcoming blogs with under 200 followers. The rules? Let me break it down.
1) Acknowledge and thank the blog who nominated you. Make sure to link back to them, showing your appreciation, and display the award on your blog! Why wouldn’t you want to?
2) Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
3) Give 11 random fun facts about yourself.
4) Nominate some blogs with less than 200 followers that you think deserve the award.
5) Let those bloggers know that you nominated them.
6) Give them 11 new questions to answer.
Sounds fun, right?
So, let’s get to it!
1) Snog, Marry, Avoid, Send to another planet: Jim Carrey, Sally Field, Dustin Hoffman, Cate Blanchett? Ugh, this is a hard one! I’d snog Jim Carrey (Canadian pride), I’d marry Cate Blanchett, because who wouldn’t!? I’d avoid Dustin Hoffman, probably out of intimidation. And I’d send Sally Field to another planet. She’s awesome, it’s unfair of us to keep her for ourselves.
2) What’s your favourite film genre and why? It’s probably a tie between fantasy, fairytale, and superhero, because I love losing myself and being transported to different worlds.
3) What’s the key ingredient to a truly fantastic film? Heart. You can have an amazing director or writer or cast, but if the characters themselves don’t touch you, if there’s no heart in the film, it can never be truly great.
4) Which remake do you wish never happened? It hasn’t happened yet, but Flatliners. That movie was absolute perfection, and I actually cried when I found out it was being remade.
5) What do you do when you’re not blogging? I do a lot, actually! I write for other sites, and I also write fiction. I watch films and television, and I read novels and comic books. I cosplay, I work out, I sometimes take photos, and I listen to music. And run away from White Walkers. Obviously.
6) Would you rather have a coffee with Donald Trump or Kris Kardashian? Kris, because I am telling you right now I could not sit through a coffee with Donald Trump.
7) Gary Oldman’s best role? I don’t know about his best, but my favourite is a tie between Harry Potter‘s Sirius Black and The Dark Knight‘s Commissioner James Gordon. He captured the essence of both characters beautifully.
8) Quentin Tarantino’s worst film? I don’t think I’ve seen enough of his work to know, but from what I have seen, this question is impossible to answer because he’s pretty perfect.
9) If you could transport one character from one movie into another movie, who and what would it be? I definitely could come up with something more original given more time, but right now, I would transport Christian Bale’s Batman into Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. BECAUSE I DON’T LIKE BEN AFFLECK AS BATMAN.
10) What do you rate the movie Grease out of 10? A solid 8.
11) Do you think the moon landing happened or do you think the moon landing did not happen? Happened.
And now for 11 random facts about me!
1) I’ve loved superhero movies since I can remember, and when I was a little girl, I wanted to be both Storm and Phoenix from X-Men. They were my role models.
2) Watching Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl was what sparked my love and passion for film. Coincidentally, Orlando Bloom was my first celebrity crush. Will Turner will forever be in my heart.
3) My first character crush was Peter Pan. We were married in my mind. Yup, I was always a fangirl.
4) I’m a hopeless romantic, and one of my favourite plays is Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet. One of my favourite quotes ever is, “These violent delights have violent ends and in their triumph die, like fire and powder, which, as they kiss, consume.”
5) One of the best moments of my life was at Fan Expo Canada a couple of years ago, when I met Ian Somerhalder. He called me chick and gave me the Damon smirk. Best. Day. Ever.
6) I’m really getting into cosplay, and so far my character line up for this year’s Fan Expo is Daenerys, Lady Loki, and Harley Quinn.
7) I really related to Hermione growing up. I tried incredibly hard in school and was a total teacher’s pet. I’m talking cringe-worthy.
8) I always swore that I’d never go blonde, but the day after I started watching Game of Thrones, I began the process of going platinum because of Daenerys.
9) I frequently question my identity as a Canadian because I do not care about hockey.
10) Movie theatre popcorn tastes like home to me, and I’ve yet to experience a more freeing and more peaceful time than going to the movies alone, sitting down with a good bag of extra-buttered popcorn, and losing yourself in that world.
11) I have never been to a concert before. If I could go to any, I’d go see Thirty Seconds to Mars. Seriously my favourite band, and I am astounded at how beautiful Jared Leto’s voice is. Please, just give this a listen. You won’t regret it.
And now for the nominations! I nominate the following people for the Liebster Award:
Living Within Fiction-any bookworms out there should definitely check her out!
Comic Noobs-comic book, Game of Thrones, and podcast fans will love them!
SugarQuills-for the readers and Potterheads out there.
Brown Paper Fox-they just started, so show some love! Also, they have an amazing shop, especially for Game of Thrones fans!
And this wonderful blog, which has yet to get started, but hopefully this will inspire them once they do.
Here are some questions for you guys to answer:
1) How and why did you get into blogging?
2) If you could be any fictional character for a day, who would you be and why?
3) Batman or Superman?
4) Favourite Disney movie and why?
5) Favourite film score?
6) If you could bring any fictional character back from the dead, who would you bring back and why?
7) Vampires or werewolves?
8) If you could, which fictional world would you travel to?
9) Favourite villain?
10) What do you do in your spare time?
11) What 2016 summer flick are you most excited to see?
Have fun, everyone! Thanks again so much to filmsCine for the nomination, and I hope you’ve all enjoyed getting to know me a little bit better! Be sure to follow if you like what you see, and check out the above blogs-they’re awesome!
Thanks for reading!
Sincerely, Fiction’s Mistress